Success is steady progress
toward one's personal goals.
Tidying up in the Inspiration Station the other day, I came across a "To Be" list for 2014. I had scratched it onto paper found the day after Christmas in our hotel room's Guest Services book. (Do you do that, too? Thoughts are burning your brain so your hand seeks a pen and something to write on-- anything! For me that's usually a fairly blank page in an in-flight magazine.)
How far have I come in 2014?
As a person
* * * * * *
* Have I held my tongue?
* Each morning did I enjoy an hour of Bible study?
* Did I start that book?
* Did I fast each evening from 6 o'clock until breakfast the next day?
* Was I a diligent walker?
* Did I stop avoiding a gluten-free lifestyle? Did I embrace it instead?
* Did I experiment with hairstyles?
* Did I wear more belts?
* Did I dust off those weights and use them?
* Did I make and send thoughtful words to everyone?
* Did I dress each morning immediately?
* Did I get to go to National Children's Hospital on Tuesdays?
* Did I stop hiding Jesus and let Him out?
* Was I a rebuilder of walls, a restorer of homes (Isaiah 58:10-12)?
* Did I create something with my hands (like with scissors, glue, needle and thread...) EVERY DAY?
As a couple
♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎
♥︎ Did we kiss more?
♥︎ Did we smile at each other more?
♥︎ Did we hug more?
♥︎ Did we agree to agree? "I think I can see your point."
♥︎ Did we continue evening prayer together?
♥︎ Did we play board games together?
♥︎ Did I see his point of view?
♥︎ Did we touch more?
♥︎ Did I remember all his bazillion pluses?
♥︎ Did we pray for each other often?
♥︎ Did I start a love note jar and fill it?
♥︎ Was I H.U.M.B.L.E.?