Monday, January 27, 2014

Postman Dispatches January Pillowcase Project Delivery


Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night
stays these couriers from the swift completion
of their appointed rounds.
~Postal Tribute


Take one guess...


... who sent the first contribution
for Christmas 2014.

Monkeys

Rubber duckies

Chucks

Sesame Street

M&Ms

If you guessed my precious mother-in-law,
the December birthday girl,
you'd be right!


Strawberry Shortcake

Jolly Critters

Pooches

Mother Goose toile

Sunny smiles

Contributor update:
The Pillowcase Project image on my sidebar is perfect for adding to your own blog's sidebar.  Thank ye kindly for linking this image on your blog to Kelley Highway's The Pillowcase Project. I'm oh, sew grateful.~

Joined Decembe2013
1.  My precious MIL
2.  Sherry at Creatology
6.  Annabel in South Australia at The Bluebirds are Nesting
7.  Lana at Miss Lana
11. Ilse Moore, a contributor to Rhonda Buss's Mary Bridge Hospital pillowcase project

Joined in Januar2014
12. Christ Temple of Phoenix, Arizona
13. Janice at Curtains in My Tree

Joined in February
14. Ellette Day


Joined in March

Joined in April
16. Cennetta at The Mahogany Stylist
17. Dayle's mother, Mrs. Ruth Allen

Joined in June
18. Claudia and her church ladies in Twin Falls, Idaho


Remember, pillowcases can be shipped from the US
provided by the USPS-- as many as you cram inside!

E-mail me and I'll tell you
where to ship your pillowcases.


8 comments:

Dayle Allen Shockley @ A Collection of Days said...

How amazing is your mother-in-law? Love these!!

I just put a button with the link to the instructions on my blog. I will also mention it on Facebook throughout the upcoming year, along with a link. I'm excited about this project!

Lana said...

I'm currently searching for a good fabric sale to start working on some pillowcases for you. Also, I'm going to be blogging about the lovely vintage sewing machine I just got soon -- you'll love it! :) Just an FYI I changed the address of my blog -- it's now at llamabible.blogspot.com to reflect my passion for the Andes. :) Love and hugs. XOXOXO

Kelley said...

Hi, Dayle! Yes, Mom is pretty amazing! Aren't they just adorable?

Thank you for share-share-sharing The Pillowcase Project!

I wasn't going to detail where to send the pillowcases, but evidently it's time I did! I'll go update the posts now, friend! Excellent advice, and thank you for it!

Happy highways,
Kelley~

Kelley said...

Wonderful Lana! I'll go make the necessary changes as soon as I can!

Happy highways,
Kelley~

Dayle Allen Shockley @ A Collection of Days said...

Thanks, friend. I was a little confused by this sentence in the original post: Stuffed into envelopes, they can be mailed to a U.S. zip code (Guam). (If you mailed them to me here in the Philippines, I'd never see them. Sorry.)

Thanks for including address. I know my friends. As soon as I post it on FB they will all be asking where to send them, even though the deadline is almost a year away. Hehe

I'm sure my mother will want to contribute, as well. she has some adorable fabric left over from all of her baby quilting.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

How adorable!!! I am still on board for the pillow case project, I just have to get my new adventure off the ground and then I want to write a post about it!

Carol

Kelley said...

You're right, Dayle, so I just went back in and cleared all the clouds away on that... hopefully. I appreciate your support for this worthy cause.

Have a lovely day,
Kelley~

Kelley said...

No pressure, Carol! You're a gem. *hugs*

Happy highways,
Kelley~