Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Truth for a Lie


Take inventory.
What have I taught my children
that is a lie?
~ Dr. James Hughes



LIE

It's perfectly acceptable to act like a jerk
because you're angry.

TRUTH

As I think of [my mother's] life
and all that she had to endure,
I see the absolute triumph of the grace of God
in the ideal Christian lady.
She was such a lovely person
that I never saw her lose her temper
or speak even one word in anger.
~ Frederick William Farrar

~

The one who cannot restrain [her] anger
will wish undone
what [her] temper and irritation
prompted [her] to do.
~ Horace

~

Know this, my beloved...:
let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak,
slow to anger; for the anger of [women]
does not produce the righteousness of God.
James 1:19, 20 ESV

10 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Thank you for sharing this!

Kathy McElhaney said...

So true, Kelley!

Dayle Allen Shockley @ A Collection of Days said...

Oh, so good, Kelley. Anger is such a bad trait. I'm grateful I never heard my parents argue or yell at each other. I'm sure they must have, at one time or another, but not in my presence.

Kelley said...

Hugs and happy highways, Renee!

Kelley said...

Hugs and happy highways, Kathy!

Kelley~

Kelley said...

I'm glad, too, Dayle, that you never had to experience that. What a blessing.

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~

Debbie said...

Oh yes. The temper. If there is one single area where God has had to work and work and work with me, it is on the temperamental flair up when life gets stressful. My temper isn't generally directed toward someone. It just springs out at the air when the hormones rage. I am grateful for how much He has tempered me as I've grown, but I still hate it with every fiber of my being when I fall.

It's NOT Ok. Never, ever, ever, and I have tried very hard to teach that to my girls. I'm grateful that they both either got the lesson or their father's temperament or both.

Great post. Convicting and to the point.

Kelley said...

Thank you your transparency, Debbie. We need that to encourage growth. At least I do.

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~

Micupoftea said...

Wise words. Have a nice weekend~

Kelley said...

You, too, friend, and thanks for dropping by!

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~