Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Postman Dispatches June Pillowcase Project Delivery


Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night
stays these couriers from the swift completion
of their appointed rounds.
~Postal Tribute


My sweet mum-in-law has plenty of pillowcases that would be featured in this post... if I had them. Since we'll be seeing Dad and Mom in the fall, I told her to store her pillowcase creations until then and I'll save her some postage by bringing them back with me to Manila. I'll be sure to share the fruit of her labors!

Here are five more pillowcases I recently whipped up with fabric from my stash (on the ends left and right), and the ones in the middle from fabric I found in Hawai'i for $3/yard. 


My favorite one
below right
has little circus bears on it
and bunting.


Notice! A new Pillowcase Project contributor climbed aboard this month! (See list below.) Carol and her sweet church ladies in Twin Falls, Idaho, will be making wonderful pillowcases for pediatric patients at National Children's Hospital (NCH), a Manila charity hospital.

When she e-mailed me this week, I confessed to her about my growing concern for the quantity of pillowcases. Where will they all come from? God heard my prayer! Thanks for encouraging me, Carol. Twin Falls gals, we look forward to receiving the fruit of your hands!

Accept my thanks again for all who've joined the Pillowcases Project in honor of my precious mother-in-law. The pillowcases will be a huge blessing to all the little ones at NCH at Christmastime!

Kelley~

ALL ABOARD! Contributor update:
You're welcome to add the pillowcase image on my sidebar or any others to your own blog. Please link to Kelley Highway's The Pillowcase Project and I'll be oh, sew grateful.~

Decembe2013
2.  Sherry at Creatology
6.  Annabel in South Australia at The Bluebirds are Nesting
7.  Lana at Miss Lana
11. Ilse Moore, a contributor to Rhonda Buss's Mary Bridge  Hospital pillowcase project

Januar2014
12. Christ Temple of Phoenix, Arizona

Joined in February
14. Ellette Day

Joined in March

Joined in April
16. Cennetta at The Mahogany Stylist
17. Dayle's mother, Mrs. Ruth Allen

Joined in June
18. Claudia and her church's ladies in Twin Falls, Idaho

Pillowcases need to reach me on Guam
(a U.S. ZIP code)
no later than
December 1, 2014.

When you're ready to mail your pillowcases,
click here and send me an e-mail.
I'll reply with my mailing address.

You can also click "About Kelley"
up there on my left sidebar,
then click "Email" under Contact Me.

Five months until November 25--
a good pillowcase
mailing deadline!

2 comments:

Dayle Allen Shockley @ A Collection of Days said...

Awesome!

Mom and I talked last week about this project. Her creative juices are flowing. I expect there will be several pillowcases coming from both of us and she has committed to making them all. Yay for me!

Kelley said...

Yay for us all! Yippee-yi-yo!

Thanks for your willingness, Dayle! You're a blessing!

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~